Funny Knock Knock Jokes
We all know the classic, “Knock knock, who’s there?” line. Oftentimes, this joke starts with a funny phrase, name, or pun, which can lighten up an otherwise sad day. Not to mention, these silly jokes are perfect for the whole family. Here are some of the wackiest, funniest, and family-friendly knock knock jokes that’ll bring a smile to anyone’s face.
History of Knock Knock Jokes
Knock-knock jokes and their variants have become a staple of many popular television shows, films, and video games intended for children. With their roots dating back to the early 1900s, this classic joke form still remains a favorite among the young and old alike. They are so popular, in fact, that knock-knock jokes are even used in popular culture to create a sense of humor or to lighten the mood in a situation.
Funny Variations on the Traditional Knock Knock Joke
The original knock knock joke usually consists of asking a question such as, “Knock knock. Who’s there?” followed by an answer such as, “Bacon.” The punchline is, “Bacon who?” Then the joke-teller says, “Bacon a cake for you!” A lot of people prefer funny variations on the traditional knock knock joke. Here are a few funny knock knock variations:
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Justin. Justin who? Justin time for a joke!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Owl. Owl who? Owl be right back with more funny jokes!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Peach. Peach who? Peach a joke to lighten your day!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Alex. Alex who? Alextra funny jokes up my sleeve!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Banana. Banana who? Banana split and divide this joke in half!
Kid-Friendly Knock Knock Jokes for the Whole Family
Nothing beats spending time with your family, especially when it comes to telling jokes. Here are some of the healthiest and family-friendliest knock knock jokes for the whole family to enjoy:
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Doctor. Doctor who? Doctor, doctor, give me the news!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Butter. Butter who? Butter ‘please open the door!’
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Tank. Tank who? You’re welcome!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Interrupting cow. Interrupting cow who? Mooooo!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Pudding. Pudding who? Pudding the news to me, please!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Mikey. Mikey who? Mikey doesn’t fit in this joke!
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Butter. Butter who? I butter not tell you!
Funny Knock Knock Jokes that Let People Do the Punchline
Besides the traditional knock knock jokes, there are also some fun variations that let people do the punchline. For example, you can ask someone a question such as “Knock, knock. Who’s there?” After they answer, you can say something like, “A hundred. A hundred what?” Then, they can make up any punchline they want, such as “A hundred people who want to know the punchline to this joke!” Here are some more funny knock knock jokes that let people do the punchline:
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Mary. Mary who?
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? A broken pencil. A broken pencil who?
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Tank. Tank who?
• Knock, knock. Who’s there? Amanda. Amanda who?
Knock-knock jokes are an important part of Americana, and have been around for well over a hundred years. Besides the traditional, there are a lot of funny variations on the classic joke structure, making it enjoyable for people of all ages. Furthermore, letting someone do the punchline can lighten the mood and make them feel involved and appreciated. So, don’t forget to bring some funniest knock knock jokes everywhere you go.