Shark Week 2022: Exact Dates, The Greatest Shark Stories and How to Watch
Shark week is an event that captivates and thrill viewers from all over the world. Every year, Discovery Channel airs a series of special documentaries and programs about different species of sharks, their behavior, and the latest breakthroughs in shark conservation. The event takes place every year in July or August, and in 2022, the iconic week arrives from July 24th to the 31st. Make sure to set aside some time in your calendar to enjoy this special week and all the incredible shark stories from around the world.
Exact Dates for Shark Week 2022
Shark week is always a big event, and 2022 will be no different. You can mark your calendars now to be sure not to miss it in 2022. The exact dates for 2022’s shark week are:
• Sunday, July 24th
• Monday, July 25th
• Tuesday, July 26th
• Wednesday, July 27th
• Thursday, July 28th
• Friday, July 29th
• Saturday, July 30th
• Sunday, July 31st
The Greatest Shark Stories
From incredible footage from deep-sea expeditions to records of astonishing shark behavior, shark week has been presenting some of the most amazing stories about sharks. In 2022, viewers around the world can look forward to a brilliant selection of programs and stories. Here are just some of the greatest shark stories Discovery Channel will bring us in 2022:
• “The Deepest Dive: A Journey to the Bottom of the Mariana Trench” – A crew of intrepid deep-sea divers visits the deepest part of the ocean in search of sharks and to study the incredible marine life living down in these depths.
• “The Great White Superpod” – An up-close look at the behavior of great white sharks off the California coast. This program dives deep into their hunting habits and social structure.
• “Rescue Missions of Shark Bay” – Follow a team of biologists as they undertake heroic rescues of endangered shark species.
• “Mysteries of the Hammerhead” – Learn the secrets of the elusive hammerhead shark and discover why it is so important to protecting the ocean’s eco-systems.
• “Brainiac Sharks” – Scientists studying the intelligence of sharks uncover some remarkable insights into their behavior.
• “Island of the Megalodon” – Search for evidences of the biggest and most dangerous shark that ever lived: the megalodon.
All these stories, and many others, will bring the best of shark science, conservation and shark behavior to 2022’s Shark Week. Don’t miss out!
How to Watch Shark Week in 2022
Shark Week will be broadcasted on the Discovery Channel, Discovery Channel HD and Discovery GO. Depending on your country, you can also watch the event on streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime or Apple TV+.
Additionally, many shark-watching expeditions, zoos, and aquariums will also offer live-streamed events during Shark Week. Check with your local aquarium or planetarium to find out about the special events and activities planned for the occasion.
Finally, if you can’t watch Shark Week on regular television, there are also plenty of websites and social media networks (such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter) where you can watch special clips, behind-the-scenes footage, and interviews with experts about the latest shark news and the stories featured on Shark Week.
Shark Week 2022 brings some of the greatest shark stories yet. From incredible deep-sea expeditions to life-saving rescue missions, from megalodons to brainiac sharks, the Discovery Channel has prepared a true feast for viewers all over the world.
The date to mark in your calendar is July 24th to the 31st in 2022 and make sure you don’t miss out on the excitement! With regular television, streaming services, and online resources, you can be sure to catch every minute of this incredible event. From the bottom of the Mariana Trench to the top of the Twitter trending lists – Shark Week 2022 promises to be one of the best events of the year.