What is the Newlywed Game?
The Newlywed Game is a popular game show that debuted in the United States in 1966, offering couples the chance to win cash and prizes. It was created by Chuck Barris of Barris Industries, and became one of the most successful game shows of all time.
Initially, the show focused on newly married couples, but later expanded to include long-term relationships. Every episode of The Newlywed Game consists of two couples competing against each other in four rounds of questions that test their knowledge of each other.
One partner stands offstage and answers questions, while the other partner guesses their answers. If both partners guess correctly, they win a point and the team with the most points at the end of the fourth round wins the game.
Questions to Ask in the Newlywed Game
The Newlywed Game is great to watch, but even more fun to play. If you’re planning a party and want to include the newlywed game, it’s important to make sure you have the right questions on hand. Here are some great questions to use for your newlywed game:
- What was your wedding gift for your spouse?
- How did your spouse propose?
- What is your spouse’s favorite song?
- What pet name does your spouse call you by?
- What is your spouse’s favorite movie?
- When was your first date?
- What was the most expensive item you bought for your spouse?
- What is your spouse’s favorite meal to cook?
- What is your spouse’s favorite smell?
- What is your spouse’s favorite holiday destination?
Funny Newlywed Game Questions
The Newlywed Game typically has one round focused on funny questions. For this round, it’s best to ask questions that will get a few laughs. Here are some funny questions you can ask on your newlywed game:
- Who is more likely to break the rules – you or your spouse?
- Who broke the bed the first night of marriage?
- Who is the better snorer – you or your spouse?
- What is the wildest thing you’ve ever done together?
- What is the most awkward thing your spouse has ever done in public?
- What is the craziest thing your spouse has ever bought you?
- Who has better dance moves – you or your spouse?
- What would your spouse say is your worst habit?
- Who is more likely to wake up late for work – you or your spouse?
- Who is the messier one in the house – you or your spouse?
Great Newlywed Game Prizes
Everyone loves to win prizes, so it’s important to make sure your party includes some great prizes for the game winners. Here are some popular prizes you can use in your Newlywed Game:
- Gift voucher or spa coupon
- Couples massage voucher
- Bottle of champagne or wine
- Movie tickets
- Box of chocolates
- His and hers t-shirts
- Gourmet dinner for two
- Home decor items
- Weekend getaway package
- Framed copy of your wedding photo
Tips for Making the Newlywed Game a Success
If you’re planning a party and considering adding the Newlywed Game, these tips will help to make the game a success:
- Make sure you have enough couples to compete. The more couples participating in the game, the more entertaining it is.
- Make sure you have plenty of questions prepared. You can always use the questions listed above as a starting point.
- Provide interesting prizes to make the game more enjoyable.
- Consider renting a game board or setting up decorations to make the game look professional.
- Create a game show atmosphere by playing some quirky music during the game.
- Make sure you have a fun and outgoing emcee to be the host of the game.
- Set up a scoring system to keep track of each couple’s points.
- Provide refreshments for players waiting for their turn.
- Make sure you have enough time for the game. Don’t rush the players as it takes time to get the answers.
- Have plenty of props and costume pieces on hand to make the game more entertaining.
The Newlywed Game is a classic game show that will bring lots of laughter and excitement to any party. It’s a great opportunity for married couples to learn more about each other and compete for some fun prizes. With the right questions and setting, you can make your own fun version of the Newlywed Game. Just make sure you have enough couples playing and interesting prizes to make the game more enjoyable.