Birthday Jokes: 30+ Hilarious and Clean Fun for Your Next Party
A birthday party isn’t complete without laughter and good humor. These hilarious birthday jokes and one-liners are sure to bring plenty of smiles. Whether you’re throwing a birthday party or just getting together with family and friends, be sure to have some of these jokes in your back pocket.
- What did one candle say to the other?
“Let’s get together and blow this joint!”
- Why did the birthday cake go to the psychiatrist?
It was feeling crumby.
- Why did the cookie go to the party?
Because he heard there was going to be a cakewalk.
Tips For Telling Birthday Jokes
Birthday jokes can be just as much of a hit as birthday gifts, decorations, and activities. Here are some tips for how to tell your jokes right:
• Timing: It’s important to be conscious of the timing of your jokes and how they fit into the atmosphere and mood of the event. Avoid jokes that may cast a negative or gloom-and-doom perspective on the celebration.
• Delivery: The way you tell your joke matters. If a specific comedic timing is required on your joke, practice it ahead of time so you can deliver the punch line with the perfect amount of emphasis and tone.
• Audience: There are all kinds of jokes out there, so make sure you know the audience and the age level of your attendees if you are unsure. Some jokes are not appropriate for children and adults alike, so keep it clean and appropriate.
• Interjection: Let the joke out slowly, and take a moment to pause after the set-up of the joke before you deliver the funny punch line. This will keep the joke crisp and the audience engaged.
Funny Jokes for Birthdays
Here are some funny jokes to get the ball rolling on your birthday celebration:
- What did the girl say to the birthday balloon?
“You’re bursting with excitement!”
- Why was the birthday cake sad?
Because it had been feeling crumby all day.
- What did the cake say to the birthday person?
“Let them eat cake!”
- What did the cake say to the person who was late to the birthday party?
“Better late than never!”
- Why did the birthday cake jump off the table?
It wanted to have its cake and eat it too!
- How many candles do you need to light a birthday cake?
One less than the age of the birthday guest.
- What did the birthday cake say to the knife?
“Don’t get crummy with me!”
Kids Birthday Jokes
If you’re throwing a birthday party for your children or grandchildren, these jokes are sure to make all kids smile:
- Why did the birthday cake hide?
It was scared of getting sliced.
- What did the birthday cake say to the birthday person?
“Happy Birthday to you!”
- Why did the birthday balloon get sick?
Because it overinflated itself.
- What did the birthday cake say to the other cakes?
“Let’s cut the cake and party!”
- How did the birthday cake feel after the party?
Funny Jokes & Quotes
Some people prefer to tell jokes and riddles, while others like funny quotes and one-liners. Here are some hilarious jokes & quotes that you can use when the party is in full swing:
“A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!”— Unknown
“Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” — Dr. Seuss
“A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.” — Unknown
“Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Unknown
“Inside every older person is a younger person — wondering what the heck happened.” — Unknown
“You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
Themed Birthday Jokes
Incorporate special birthday themes into your jokes to give your guests a chuckle. Whether you’re celebrating a 70s-themed birthday, an animal-themed party, or one with a sci-fi twist, make sure the jokes know no bounds.
- What did the alien say when it landed on the birthday cake?
“Take me to your topper!”
- What did the 70s birthday person say when they opened their present?
- What did the animal-lover say on their birthday?
“Thanks for the purrrrr-fect gift!”
- What did the robot say to its friend at the birthday party?
“I beep for you!”
- What did the bat say on the birthday person’s special day?
“It’s time to let your hair down and have some wing!”
More Funny Jokes
Keep the laughs coming with these cheesy, but smile-invoking, birthday jokes:
- What did the birthday person say to the party planner?
“You were a real party animal!”
- What did one balloon say to the other balloon?
“It looks like it’s going to be a ‘balloon-tastic’ night!”
- What did the wizard say to the birthday person?
“It’s your birthday — abracadabra!”
- Why did the birthday cake jump out of the window?
Because it wanted to see the world!
- What did the card say to the birthday person?
“Have a fintastic birthday!”
- What do you call a birthday celebration without any candles?
A birthday blowout.
Having Fun With Birthday Jokes
Having a great sense of humor and knowing how to tell a good joke is a skill that any party host or guest should have in their arsenal. Whether you plan on planning the whole party or just being a guest, be sure to know some of these funny birthday jokes to help the occasion be a homerun. And don’t forget to take a few pictures of all the fun you’re having, along with some silly jokes to share on social media!