Using First Date Questions to Make a Great Impression
Your first date is an important time to make a great impression and get to know someone. The questions you ask will play an essential role in creating a cozy atmosphere, while also allowing you and your date a chance to get to know each other. To make the most of your first date, here are some great questions to ask.
Fun Conversation Starters
Struggling to get the conversation started? Here are some fun, light-hearted questions to get the ball rolling:
- What was the weirdest thing that ever happened to you?
- What would you do if you had a million dollars?
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
- If you could show me one thing in your hometown, what would it be?
- Who would you like to trade places with for a day?
Feeling uncomfortable or awkward? Here are a few questions that can help break the ice and get the conversation flowing:
- What was the best concert you ever attended?
- Who is your favorite musician?
- What book have you read that has had the biggest impact on your life?
- What was the last movie you watched that you really enjoyed?
- What is your favorite place to go for a walk?
Getting to Know Each Other
When you’re both ready to move on to more in depth topics, here are some questions that can help you get to know each other more:
- What do you enjoy most about where you live?
- What life achievements are you most proud of?
- What would you like to do more of in your life?
- What do you find most attractive in a person?
- When do you feel most content?
Interests and Hobbies
To learn more about your date’s interests and hobbies, these questions can provide valuable insight:
- What hobbies or passions do you have?
- What destinations have you been to that you are most passionate about?
- What are some of the things that inspire you most?
- What service project that is close to your heart have you been involved in?
- What type of music do you like to listen to?
To deepen the conversation, here are a few more thought-provoking questions to ask:
- Is there something that you’ve always dreamed of doing but never got a chance to?
- What advice do you have for someone going through a difficult time in life?
- What habits have you developed over the years that has helped you be successful?
- What kind of creative outlets do you turn to when you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed?
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from your relationships?
Closing with Responses
The best way to encourage your date to open up is to share your own responses for each of the questions. Not only will doing this make your date feel more at ease, but it can help spark new conversations and provide plenty of topics to cover.
Your First Date
The questions you choose to ask on your first date can make a world of difference in the impression you leave. Remember to pick questions that fit your date’s comfort level and personality. Remember, this is an opportunity to get to know someone, so use your best judgment, listen to your gut, and don’t be afraid to change the subject if needed. With the right questions and attitude, you can make your first date go off without a hitch and start a great relationship.